Post Page Advertisement [Top]

I believe many people have seen multiple variations of how to allocate your money (pay yourself first).
I will list two notable ones which I initially based off:
  • Plan 1 (From Secrets of a Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker)
    • 50% Necessities
    • 10% Long term investment
    • 10% Play
    • 10% Education
    • 10% Giving
    • 10% Long term spending
  • Plan 2 (From Li Ka-shing)
    • 30% Living Expenses
    • 20% Networking+Phone Bill
    • 15% Education
    • 10% Travelling/Long Term Spending
    • 25% Investment
These seem awesome to start with, what’s more with an OCBC 360 account (interest of 1% for crediting salary, 1% for 3 bills and 1% for credit card spend of $400 and above), and their iBanking savings goals, one can allocate cash to be locked and saved the moment the pay comes in!
However, as my salary is not much, I altered the ratios to optimize and yielded the following:
(Disclaimer: These are statistics based on my monthly expenditure, my dad is paying for my medical insurance as well as phone bill, hope to take it from him asap).
My plan (I won’t write how much my take home pay is, so I’ll just put in rough percentages):
  • 19.6% Necessities
    • 62% Daily expenses
    • 20% Transport expenses
    • 18% Extra (in case I buy groceries or miscellaneous stuff for my family, or maybe if I need to replace broken stuff)
  • 64.7% Savings/Investments
    • 16.5% Long term spending (Targeting 6k, after completion, routing to excess cash reserves/gold investing)
    • 10% Manulife Investment Policy (Bought it as a means to access bonds and diversify, from a good friend of mine too! It has some added life insurance in it, though bare minimum. The fund performance is my current target to beat in my own investing)
    • 34% Dividend stock investing in SGX
    • 17% Growth investing (I’m bad at picking individual stocks, so I invest in index funds)
    • Remainder ~2.6% Extra moving space (for anything including bank wire transfer fees and stuff)
  • 15.6% Family contribution (mostly for my little brother’s living expenses who is currently studying in university, and help a little with my family’s groceries)
This is something I started about 3 years ago, adjusting continuously until recently where it is more or less fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]